Sunday, December 18, 2005

What Feels So Good Can't Be All That Bad, Right?

Although I thought I might, I didn't end up going out last night after all. The promise of dancing and watching a drag king show were tempting, but just not enough.

While sometimes I worry that I'm too much of a home-body, and do too good a job of isolating myself from others, this morning is not one of those times.

I'm so glad that I've taken Sunday mornings for myself this semester. I did it initially in order to attend meetings (which I have, for the most part). But my gratitude extends beyond having the time to go to meetings. Ultimately, taking Sundays off has meant taking time for myself.

For instance, this morning I awoke at 7am, read in bed until I finished my latest fun fiction reading book (The Penultimate Peril), then I made myself a breakfast sandwich (sourdough toast, mayo, fake bacon, cheddar cheese, and over-medium eggs) and poured myself some immunity defense orange juice. I even had time to tidy up the kitchen and load and run the dishwasher. Now I'm catching the end of Kate and Leopold, which probably isn't among my all-time favorite movies, but which is just perfect this morning. Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman in a story about the illusiveness of romance, and the need to take a leap towards love--not bad for first thing Sunday morning.

The best thing is, I still have so much of the day ahead of me.

I think I might just go to a meeting. Then, maybe off to study until 2pm, when the PostSecret showing will open. Then, of course, my holiday work party is tonight, where I'll get to go bowling for the first time in ages.

I feel so excited, for all the things I may still do today. And yet, I also feel confident that if I do no more today than what I have already done, I will still feel satisfied at the day I've had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home