Sunday, January 22, 2006

Happy New You

I know that January's already practically over, and that this post is a little late, but better late than never!

"Happy New You"...that's what the New Year's Day sermon was in my hometown church. The father stressed that what would make a difference in this upcoming year would be the extent to which we changed ourselves, and went about doing things differently.

On a related note, elsewhere, it's been said that true insanity is doing the same things over and over, but expecting different results.

Now, I'm pretty set in my ways (just one of the downfall aspects of my anal tendancies), and I've always been afraid of change...but I can't disagree--the only way things are ever going to change is if I change myself and do things differently.

As motivation for 2006, I wanted to reflect upon some of the new things I did in 2005 (in chronological order, of course):

1. Began a path towards serenity
2. Taught "Theories of Feminisms"
3. Purchased my very own (used) automobile
4. Broke up with an ex
5. Drove across the country (Alexandria, VA to San Francisco, CA)
6. Attended the SF Tranny Rally and SF Dyke Rally
7. Began investing in company (Starbucks) stock
8. Moved into shared housing with a straight man
9. Saw Keith Haring's Altarpiece at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco
10. Spent four days watching several films and shorts featured in the Reel Affirmations Film Festival
11. Went to Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada for the first ever Canadian International Drag King Extravaganza
12. Attended my first ever National Gay and Lesbian Taskforce annual Creating Change conference
13. Successfully defended my dissertation proposal & advanced to candidacy
14. Went to Georgetown to see the PostSecret exhibition

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home