Wednesday, January 11, 2006

West Coast, East Bay Queers Rule

Just had to give a quick shout out to the East Bay Queers who opened their home last Sunday to host a viewing of the L-Word season 3 opener. The house an amazing space, with a cozy living room and a open kitchen area. But, really it was the people who made it a happening time.

There was yummy pizza delivered (from this place called Spuds), collage craft materials were provided, and best of all, bunches of people gathered in community. Some of us were L-Word fans, some hadn't ever seen an episode, others were only ocassional viewers, but we were still all able to come (not cum) together (granted, there were no avowed Jenny fans).

It's been a long time since I've gotten to have that kind of community--since my days in San Diego, in fact. I still have hope for DC being able to yield that kind of community gathering, but I'm not holding my breath until it happens. There is something about this place that just doesn't seems as conducive to hanging with friends (which my Starbucks co-workers are convinced is a purely "Californian" thing).

Here's my craft project:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home