Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Crazy (?)

Nothing happens in the "real" world unless it first happens in the images in our heads. (Gloria Anzaldua, Borderlands/La Frontera, 2nd ed., 109)


I've been told recently that I'm a little crazy.

I think I might just be. I've been pushing the images in my head out my fingertips into letters, and out my mouth into words. Pushing. Trying to make them a reality beyond that which exists in my own mind.

It is crazy to push like this, to take such images and imaginations to such an extent--but the travesty isn't my craziness, isn't it rather that we're not all pushing like/as crazy?

(Re-reading Borderlands/La Frontera has begun to get under my skin...disturbing my sleep and dreams, leaving me unsettled in my waking hours--just as it should!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home