Monday, March 13, 2006

Restless

I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling especially restless tonight...

I was out driving just now, and I really didn't want to come home, or even stop for that matter. (If it weren't for the fact that I didn't just want to be driving around and around the capital beltway, I might have just kept going. And, if I didn't have to teach tomorrow, I would have just driven right out of town--probably east to see the sunrise over the Atlantic--the one thing that I do really like about being on the East Coast.)

I felt the need to be in motion, traveling...escaping? From what, I have no idea. Most likely myself.

There is supposed to be a bad storm heading this way, but right now the moon is full, the air is warm, and the night looks gorgeous. I wish, though, I could pop over to the beach, hunker down in the sand, and just let the sea air wash over me and let the waves lull me with their rhythm.

Can you be homesick when you don't feel like you've got a home?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home