Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wrong Hands

Not that I've recently been in the "wrong hands" lately--heck, I haven't been in any hands for what feels like quite some time!--but I wanted to share the lyrics to this song by Brianna Lane.

I picked up Lane's most recent album, Radiator while I was in Atlanta, GA at Charis Books and More: Your Independent Feminist Bookstore and have been enjoying it ever since...

spooning in this big bed i can't get to sleep cause i'm in the wrong hands i'm undeniably alone can't get to sleep next to this man - i lie awake composing letters to my love wondering if these words will ever see the page i lie awake feeling his palm against my hip his body pressed around me like a cage - i edge closer to the wall try not to dream try not to think of him at all i'm under the wrong hands - staring at the new paint he is fast asleep so unknowing that my thoughts are in my past he is fast asleep his hands are moving - i lie awake recalling conversations with my love i'm staring at the water on the night stand i lie awake remembering the feeling that i had within the warm embrace from the right hands - i edge closer to the wall try not to dream try not to think of him at all i edge closer to the wall try not to dream try not to think of him at all i'm under the wrong hands - i want a dreamless sleep i want a quiet home no more hands that creep i want to wake alone - i edge closer to the wall try not to dream try not to think of you at all under the wrong hands

Here's to wishing for the right hands for us all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home