Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy Belated Blog Anniversary to Me

Two weeks ago, I really wanted to post a happy blog anniversary to myself…but I didn’t. I didn’t because I was worried that instead of posting a “silly” happy blog anniversary message to myself, I really *should* be posting about “more important things”—the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot, the arrest of John Mark Karr for the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, or the peace plan to end the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah.

I’m finally realizing that though these things are important, and unquestionably post-worthy, I’m not solely responsible for such postings, nor are the things I do want to post about unworthy.

This made me think back to a wonderful story I read in the Washington Post about a young child who when asked to complete the sentence "I know it's silly, but I'm afraid of _____" responded by looking the questioner in the eye and saying, “The things I'm afraid of aren't silly."

I definitely didn’t start this blog to only write about things I thought I should be writing about…I did it to “claim a blog of my own.”

So, happy belated blog anniversary to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home