Monday, December 11, 2006

Being Creative Brings Us Closer to God

In yesterday's homily, the priest spoke about connections to God. In part, the message was about listening for/being aware of God in our lives, and preparing the way for him. (A fitting message in this Advent season.)

One of the things that he talked about specifically was that being creative brings us closer to God in putting us in his role as creator. I just thought that was really cool--not only because I had just bought a couple of creative activity sets for secret santa gifts, but also because I've always enjoyed such projects--be it crocheting, making cards, sketching, oragami, etc. I had always thought such activities were relaxing, but I didn't realize their religious/spritual potential.

Go in peace and craft!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home