Friday, December 01, 2006

World AIDS Day

Today is World AIDS Day, just wanted to spread the word.

My campus just finished celebrating World AIDS Week, but sadly I didn't find out about all the cool events that were held during the week until just yesterday. Despite the cool winter weather we're supposed to be getting this afternoon, I hope the AIDS Rally and March to the White House gets a good turnout.

(I'll be there in spirit, but in body I'll be attending a lecture by Jamison Green. Should be interesting...maybe more on it later.)

In the mean time, although I think that the maximum has already been reached, I wanted to pass along the word about Bristol Myers Squibb--they donate $1 for every person who goes to their website and lights a candle to fight AIDS, up to a maximum of $100,000. Go to www.lighttounite.org, to light a candle ... and help spread the light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home