Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Deep in Clean Sweep Denial

It's been AGES since I made the time to sit and blog, though I keep meaning to. Clearly, I haven't meant to enough, or it would have happened already.

This is just one sign among many that I'm not regulating (or managing, as people like to more euphemistically put it) my time sufficiently. Other signs including, but not limited to: the unwashed state of my dirty laundry, the uncut growth of my hair (on the top of my head, you silly, dirty, blog reader!), the unpunched holes of the papers crammed in my 3-ring binder, the unwatched Netflix DVD sitting at home, and of course the still unwritten state of my dissertation.

You get the point...lots of things undone, though by no means forgotten.

Well, today I've been pushed to my limits--literally my email limits. I went over my email quota sometime late Sunday evening, and couldn't receive any new mail until I made some space this morning when I quickly trimmed some of the fat of my folders. Still, I'm at 90% of my quota, which should buy me a little while before I go over quota again, but clearly this is a band-aid approach to a larger problem.

Not wanting to let go.

I never have wanted to let things go...from the small, silly things to bigger items...receipts, movie stubs, fortune cookie fortunes, notes, letters, books, etc. What I need is to be "clean sweep-ed"--you know, the TV show?

I haven't seen any new episodes for quite some time now, so maybe they didn't make it to a third season, but I have to say that I LOVED that show. Peter Walsh was a great blend of understanding and firmness that handled peoples' attachments to their stuff with a grace that wasn't always gentle, but was always fair.

I could use some of his tough love and organization about now!

One of the things clogging up my email are msgs about all the things I want to blog about...but haven't. So, I'm gonna take some time today to tackle some of those and either write a post, or delete the msg. A very small gesture to getting myself cleaned up, if not swept clean, but I hope not insignificant.

Readers beware!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home