Monday, March 12, 2007

DC Eagle

So, I've been in DC for seven years now--which is in fact, the longest that I've ever lived in one area excluding Daly City, CA where I spent my chronological childhood and adolescence. Still, there's so much of the city that I haven't experienced, despite always having had the intentions to do so. (It's my goal this year to work harder to make some of these things happen. Intentions only carry you so far without action. Besides, as the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force says in its current campaigns, "Action is Hot.")


The last Wednesday in February, however, I finally managed to make to to the DC Eagle. Specifically, the last Wednesday of each month is "Dyke Night" at the Eagle, but the crowd definitely included folks who wouldn't place themselves under that label--and I was glad for it. In fact, it was a really nice mix of folks which kind of reminded me of this place called Club Bombay in San Diego, CA that I used to like to frequent. The people were (for the most part) unpretentious, bartenders were friendly, drink deals were excellent, and the space was one that was conducive to catching up with friends, but also meeting new potential lovers. I did't stay long enough to find out if there's any kind of dancing at the Eagle, though (which I hope there is, but am not necessarily holding my breath for).

I definitely need to make my way back there...hope others will join, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home