Thursday, May 24, 2007

Opposites attract, but similars stay together

But I always heard opposites attract.
Yeah...But similars stay together.

(146) Rainbow Road Alex Sanchez


Not to say that I'd unwaveringly support the above quotation, but my past does provide supporting evidence...

Just take a look at the ring I was given by my (now ex-) partner


Compared to the one I'd choose for myself



Or, check out the play list for the mixed cds we exchanged (for Valentine's day) right before we split:

The one I got
If I Start to Cry (Edie Carey)
Everyday I Write the Book (Elvis Costello)
These Foolish Things (Etta James)
Long Ride Home (Patty Griffin)
Ice (Sarah McLachlan)
Fruits of My Labor (Lucinda Williams)
Baby, Don't You Break My Heart Slow (Emily Sailers, Vonda Shepard)
Good Morning Heartache (Billie Holiday)
Hurricane (Mindy Smith)
Pavement Cracks (Annie Lennox)
Strange (Tori Amos)
You Had Time (Ani Difranco)
Weep (Namoli Brennet)
Break Up Song (Melissa Ferrick)
Now I Know (Cowboy Junkies)
Both Sides Now (Joni Mitchell)
Wheels Are Taking Me Away (Po' Girl)
Long May You Run (Neil Young)
You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Shawn Colvin)


The one I made
Mercy of the Fallen (Dar Williams)
When You're Good to Mama (Broadway Cast)
Inner Smile (Texas)
Into Your Arms (The Lemonheads)
You're the Inspiration (Chicago)
Somebody (Depeche Mode)
When You're Next to Me (Mitch & Mickey)
We Belong (Pat Benatar)
Let's Fall in Love (Diana Krall)
Indeed I do (Diana Krall)
More Than You Know (Jane Monheit)
Truthfully (Lisa Loeb)
Beautiful (Me'Shell NdegeOcello)
Seasons of Love (Cast of Rent)
Mix Tape (from Avenue Q)
Power of Two (Indigo Girls)
Eight Days a Week (The Beatles)
Love Me or Leave Me (Nina Simone)
I'll Cover You (Cast of Rent)
Lovesong (The Cure)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home