Friday, May 25, 2007

Tipping Point?

Yet another school year is over, the weather is turning warm, and the long Memorial Day Weekend is upon us signaling yet another change.

Things are happening all around us, whether we notice or not, and whether we want them to or not.

I've said it before, for example, here and here--I'm not usually one to take risks.

But there must be something about this moment (a tipping point, perhaps?) because I'm feeling very emboldened to take a certain action...

*sigh* I probably won't, there are so many reasons not to act. I want to, though.

The question is how much?

A little more than a year ago, I was faced with a similar feeling. Back then I knew that I had to act, despite the consequences, because I knew that I couldn't live without having carried out the action. This time around, I certainly feel a pull to seize what may be an opportunity, but hesitation lingers, too.

I wonder how often people seize the opportunities around them (if they even recognize them as such), and what makes them do so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home