Sunday, August 19, 2007

Queer Community Theme Songs

Earlier this summer one of the many queer listservs I'm on asked for folks' ideas for theme songs for the queer community. These are the songs that were offered, and I wanted to share them here...(I'm sure there are many others, but these are certainly a good start)

"I Am What I Am," Gloria Gaynor
"I Am Who I Am," The Fantastiks
"I Will Survive," Gloria Gaynor
"Beautiful," Christina Aguilera
"Freedom," George Michael
"(How do you solve a problem like) Maria," The Sound of Music
"Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman," Britney Spears
"Over the Rainbow," The Wizard of Oz
"Reflection," Christina Aquilera
"Reflection," Lea Salonga (Mulan)
"Somebody Told Me," The Killers
"True to Myself," Ziggy Marley
"Two Lives," Lucie Blue Tremblay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home