Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Fisticuffs Leather Rocks

This past Saturday was the 12th annual celebration of Art on the Avenue in the Del Ray area of Alexandria, VA. When I lived in Del Ray, I always looked forward to Art on the Avenue--it seemed the whole neighborhood would come out, with folks enjoying themselves, being among each other, and of course, the art! This past weekend was no exception.

I arrived a little after noon, the sun was shining, and folks were making their way around the festival and the various music stages and artisan booths. Not surprisingly, I ran into bunches of long-time Starbucks customers. (I always enjoy this because it leaves me with such a sense of being a part of a community. This is what I miss most about working less at Starbucks currently--and now, for the second week in a row I got zero hours.)

In any case, I, too made my way around the festival...some of my favorite booths included the booth selling bonsai trees, the Bombay Curry Company's food booth offering vegetable biryani, and most of all John Davis' Fisticuffs Leather.

I absolutely LOVED his handmade from 100% recycled leather cuffs, and was utterly disappointed not to have found any of the many designs that attracted me in my size!!!

:(

Hopefully I'll run into more Fisticuffs Leather creations soon and have better luck then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home