Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Getting Spun Right Round Baby Right Round

Watching today's news coverage of yesterday's Democratic presidential debate in South Carolina, I was saddened that so much emphasis is being placed on the clash between Clinton and Obama that what each might have actually said about the issues and where they stand was overshadowed. Then I realized that this has been the general pattern in the news for a while, not just after yesterday's events.

Talk about spin, whether you look at The Washington Post, The Nation, The Huffington Post, CNN, etc.

I don't know about others, but I'd rather base my vote on the candidate's own spin of themselves over others' spin of them.

Hillary Clinton's official campaign website

Barack Obama's official campaign website

(yeah, they are not the only ones vying for the Democratic nomination, but the only two I'd consider--didn't say you wouldn't find spin here, too!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home