Thursday, January 03, 2008

NYC, third time's the charm

The first time I went to NYC, I saw an all-star production of The Vagina Monologues at Madison Square Garden in celebration of V-Day 2001.

The second time I went to NYC was for the Queer Asian Pacific Legacy conference in 2004. One result of this conference was the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's report on Asian Pacific American lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. This also marked my one and only trip to Keith Haring's Pop Shop, which has since closed its doors, and only recently has been resurrected on-line.

The third time I went to NYC was just this past December. I finally got the chance to see the usual tourist sights--corny I know, but memorable just the same. Here are some highlights...


Rockefeller Center



Times Square



Bryant Park



It was so worth the long walk in freezing temperature to catch the sunset while on the Brooklyn Bridge. I'm looking forward to a summer sunrise from the bridge...



Had the most FABULOUS dinner at Nobu!!



Goodnight NYC. Until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home