Friday, January 04, 2008

Travels TO Pittsburgh

In my life on the east coast, I had passed THROUGH Pennsylvania on numerous occasions (on my way to Cleveland, OH and Frankenmuth, MI). In 2006 I did manage a day trip to Reading, PA to see the Keith Haring exhibit at the Reading Public Museum. But, other than that one quick sojourn, Pennsylvania has been a thruway and not a destination. (My friends can't believe that I've never even been to Philadelphia. I know, I know, such a shame considering how close it is to the DC metro area--it's on my list for "Things To Do in 2008.")

This past December, I finally traveled TO Pennsylvania, more specifically to Pittsburgh. I found it a charming city--full of history, character, and pride. Of course, being surrounded by so much water (even if it is river water and not ocean water) was a definite draw. I was most surprised by Pittsburgh's landscape--I had no idea there would be so many hills--it was wonderful. In many ways, the time I spent in Pittsburgh reminded me of some of the things I love most about San Francisco. (Even better, though, things were cheaper, there was less traffic, and parking was a breeze!)

It was a great way to close out 2007!

Some highlights from my trip:




as well as Spice Island, 5801 Video Lounge & Cafe, and The Strip, which didn't have business cards or other comparable take-away literature :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home