Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Brooklyn Museum

Went to see the Takashi Murakami exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum last month.



I didn't really know what to expect, never having seen his work before, but it was pretty cool. I enjoyed the large scale of his "canvas" work, and thought the sculptures were fantastic, especially the Second Mission Project ko. His jellyfish eyes and mushrooms were interesting, but I think the images of his alter ego, DOB, were by far my favorite.



The bonus was that upon waiting to enter the Murakami exhibit, I realized that the Brooklyn Museum is the permanent home of Judy Chicago's The Dinner Party. It was something I used to teach about in my "Women, Art, and Culture" course. I never expected that I'd see it in person, though, so I'm glad I did have the opportunity.



Yay for the Brooklyn Museum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home