Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Candle 79 Coffee Rocks!

I'll be the first to admit, I'm a planner. So, wandering around to see what's there, is something I don't often do--especially when it comes to food. (Trust me, when I get too hungry, it's not pretty.)

But, on my last trip to New York City, on my way to the Skarstedt Gallery to see an exhibit of Keith Haring's works (which I never did get to see since the gallery was closed), I was fortunate to stumble upon Candle 79.



Honestly, it was relatively early on a Saturday morning (11ish), and for a city as big as NYC, the streets were pretty quite, and after wandering for a while trying to find a place to eat, I thought I might just have to give up and go to Starbucks.

In fact, I was crossing the street to get on the same side as the Starbucks when I glimpsed Candle 79. The menu was full of interesting things (too many, perhaps), and while I wasn't ecstatic about what I eventually chose, I liked it well enough then, and well enough now to write about it.

What I will rave about, however, is their coffee. It was SO good, I sat there and had as many cups as my stomach could stand (maybe even more!). I wish I knew what it was...I still dream about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home