Monday, January 03, 2011

I'm here now

I've been alive and well, though this blog has been more dead than alive for quite some time. I doubt anyone really comes across here regularly, except maybe spambots, so I don't expect to have been missed by others...but I do think that I've missed myself.

I started this blog as a way to encourage myself to write, as a way to chronicle my life and all the fullness of it which too often slips my mind. Then, I started living such a full life, that I didn't "feel" like I had time to blog. The reality is that I didn't make the time to blog, just like I don't make the time to do other things...

I want to make time again, for blogging, and for so much more!

Today I made the time to walk to the post office (and was amazed at all the changes in my neighborhood I saw--one restaurant almost opened, another one closed, one retail store closing, another one remodeling to enlarge...) and to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

One quick gem from the book, then back to it!

when things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. it's because a little piece gets lost--the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to. the whole shape has changed. (174)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home